Thursday 3 January 2013

Going Green



I'm starting a 21 day detox, well kind of... this is all virgin territory to me, and I don't really have a clue about what I'm doing.

A few days ago we went shopping and I stocked up on various green produce, but after a full day away yesterday, it's surprising how quickly fresh produce passes its use by date!

I had thought I went with recipes in mind, but this morning as I stood in front of the fridge, I was a little at a loss; I didn't seem to have the right ingredients of any full recipe.  Anyhow, I used what was still in date or needed to be used today, and this morning my juice consisted of 1 cucumber, 4 celery sticks, and 2 pears.  It was okay.  Not unpleasant by any means, but maybe a little heavy on the celery side.

Lunch was another 'throw-it-together-and-see-what-happens' affair, and I cooked quinoa for the first time which was rather yummy and not at all bitter like I was expecting.   I roasted (as it turns out for not quite long enough) some chopped butternut squash and courgettes with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt, and ground up some pine nuts and 3 cloves of garlic to mix in.  I have to say for a first attempt, it didn't taste too bad.  Unfortunately I only thought of taking a photo of it after it was in my belly!

Dinner wasn't as healthy as I had hoped, as I caved in to cravings and hunger and accepted Cam's meatball dish.  I only ate two, but I felt that I had ruined the efforts of Day 1.

So tonight, I'm going to spend a some time planning for the next three days a little better, so we can start all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment