Tuesday 1 January 2013

From little things, big things grow



My word for 2013 is nourishment.

For the last few years words I have chosen were all about growth and development, but what I realised towards the end of last year is sometimes too much forward focus can mean things in the present become neglected.

Little things, like making the bed, taking time to eat well, having a soak in the bath, getting a massage, going on a date, or even just getting changed in the mornings was often cast aside in favour of deadlines and other business related activities; until eventually I found I began to lose sight of what I was ultimately working for.

Nourishment is a big word, and I mean to embrace it holistically.  But for today, my first nourishing act of 2013 was to simply make the bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment